Friday, March 4, 2011

Mad Cow

I caught a whiff of apocalypse today. 

A snatch of it.  Then nothing.

I was reading Rudolf Steiner when it happened.  You have to be careful to hide his books in your bag.  They'll think you're mad if they catch you at it.

If somebody asks what you're reading, lie.

If somebody asks what you're thinking, don't tell them you're searching for a glimpse of their aura.

I went around the place chanting to myself, "The trees are a rising sun.  The grass is a rising sun."  Then breaking into the chorus, "I see a pale moon rising."

This is what Steiner prescribes if you want to progress on 'the path' - a diet of rising sun and moon rising.   

I saw a smidgen of it in my porridge this morning but when I tried to catch it with the corner of a spoon, it cocked a snoot and ran away yelling "spoons don't have corners, you'll never catch me".  And I had to admit it was right. 

There was a whiff of it somewhere at lunchtime, an inhale and then it was gone.

Spring came for a while and then it too went away.  I've packed away my blankets and I'm cold again.

No comments:

Post a Comment